Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Three Snow Days in a 7-day Period! Ouch!

Well, I'm sure the kids enjoyed their time off. I do hope some of them spent some time studying and learning. I know I did. There are so many professional development resources available to us teachers if we only can find the time to listen, watch, and/or participate in them.
After watching the Golden Globes on Sunday night, Dr. Temple Grandin's presence prompted me to look up the archive of the webinar with her last spring on Discovery Education. I watched the recorded archive of the webinar which raised my awareness of things students on the autism spectrum have to deal with. Since Dr. Grandin, herself, is on the spectrum, she speaks with great authority. I highly recommend watching it, and anyone who has a log in to Discovery Education (including all of the students in our district) can access it.
http://blog.discoveryeducation.com/blog/category/webinar-archive/page/3/
 You'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to access the recording for "The Way I See It with Dr. Temple Grandin."

I also joined a Classroom 2.0 session with Anne Mirtschin who offered up many links for teachers, like myself, who are striving to find more global collaborative opportunities for their students.
If you go to Classroom 2.0 live and click on the recording page, you will find the webinar. All of the associated links are in an application called LiveBinder.

http://live.classroom20.com/archive-and-resources.html

I also listened to another archived webinar with Jeff O'Hara, founder of Edmoto, a safe social-networking site for educators and their students. I want to learn more about that application.

Well, I am hoping that the temperatures will rise enough so we will have school tomorrow. There may be a delay, but we all need to get back into the saddle. Time for more learning adventures!

No comments: