Friday, January 21, 2011

DEN SciConn 2011 - Saturday, January 22

I am looking forward to meeting with other educators at the Den SciCon2011 being held in Willimantic, CT tomorrow morning. While it means getting up early and driving over an hour to get to the meeting place when I could just as easily attend by logging onto my laptop at my dining room table, I think it will be worth it to congregate with others and share in the excitement of the webinar sessions.
It promises to be clear and sunny tomorrow but very, very cold. My son went to UConn in nearby Storrs, CT, and I remember how much colder it was there than down in the New Haven area where I live. With Martin Luther King's Birthday holiday on Monday, a "ice" day on Tuesday, a delayed opening on Wednesday, a full day on Thursday, and then another snow day today, it has been a crazy week. I don't remember having this many days off in a 10-day period every before.
So, meeting and collaborating with other educators tomorrow should be a good thing, and it will be nice to generate excitement for returning to school on Monday with all kinds of new things to share.

No comments: