Monday, March 17, 2008

Using Zamzar to convert a YouTube video

I followed Warren's instructions and was able to copy the video that is blocked in my entry below. The video file that I saved to the the new server on Drive Y is over 46mb, and I'm concerned about uploading it to this blog as I'm not sure of limitations. Well, I'll give it a try. If it uploads properly, this will be a good way to deal with the blocking of YouTube at school.

March 18, 2008 - I just deleted the uploaded movie. When I used Zamzar, I converted the movie from YouTube (Flash format) into an .mpg. When I clicked on the filmstrip to see about uploading it again, I saw that Blogger will accept the following formats: AVI, MPEG, QuickTime, Real, and Windows Media. There is a 100MB limit.
I am going to try and convert the file into one of the accepted formats and upload it again - another day.

No comments: