Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Great Find!

I have lot of things to do on this lovely Saturday morning, but I made the mistake of sitting down at my laptop.
I read an email from Greg Limperis of Technology Integration in Education asking me to support Glogster on the DEN March Madness Mashup, where educators from all over are voting for their favorite Web 2.0 applications. In the video presenting Glogster, I followed a link to the Digital Toolbelt Wiki.
http://toolbelt.wikispaces.com/Home
and in that wiki on their resources page, I found this Google Presentation started by Mark Clarkson on "25 Techy Tips for not so Techy Teachers" and even for those who are. The links to the applications are embedded in the presentation and clickable. I copied the embed code from the presentation and hope to share it with you here. There are really terrific resources here. I intend to play with blockposters.com soon.



Now I am going to go do something else - really - at least until noon when I intend to join the Classroom 2.0 webinar. This week the hosts are interviewing Colt Briner and Caitlin Tucker of Collaborize Classroom. I contacted Peggy George, one of the moderators a couple of weeks ago and told her I'd seen a SimpleK12 presentation with these folks and suggested she might want to get them for a webinar on her show. Lo and Behold - she did. Now she probably already had them in her radar, but it excited me to think that I might have had some small influence in this show being scheduled so soon.

1 comment:

Shana Ray said...

Wow! That is great to hear that you loved Collaborize Classroom so much you told Peggy about us and helped facilitate Saturday's webinar.

Thank you so much for all your kind words to the Classroom 2.0 team, and also during the webinar in the chat.

Look forward to connecting more online (and maybe even in person at ISTE?)

+Shana, Digital Media + PR Manager for Collaborize Classroom (@Collaborize & @ShanaatDS)