Friday, April 1, 2011

An April's Fool Joke that I Can Endorse!

Today is April Fool's Day. Thankfully, we got through the day without any destructive pranks being pulled. I have never really liked April Fool's Day, for I am not in favor of anything that hurts someone else's esteem. Thankfully, for the most part, April Fool's jokes are pretty harmless.
Today, however, I must admit I was fooled - royally!
One of the students brought in a beautifully frosted cake for our secretary, whose name just happens to be April. Later in the morning, I stopped by the office and commented on what a beautiful cake she had on her desk. I wondered if it was her birthday. She even invited me to have a piece, and I said, "Oh, no. I'm trying to be good -but maybe a scrid later." When she burst out laughing, I knew something was up. I'd been fooled, and so had she. When the student first presented her with the cake, she had been so pleased, and she'd thanked him profusely. He had even brought in plates and forks. However, when she went to cut into  it, she got the surprise! It was a beautifully frosted roll of toilet paper! It was really a clever and harmless way to acknowledge April Fool's Day! Enjoy! (the creative prank, if not the cake).

No comments: