Friday, June 5, 2009

Fantastic 8th Grade Interteam, Interdisciplinary Project

Our eighth graders have been involved in a week long interteam, interdisciplinary experiment where they have been working in collaborative teams to produce projects with technology as an underlying tool to facilitate their learning. The students created propaganda videos about the American Revolutionary War and also did experiments on how music has an effect on mood or ability to recall information or heart rate. More on that later.

I was inspired to write this blog post when I came across this video which won an award from ISTE (International Society of Technology Education), and I thought it mirrored a lot of what went on at our school this week. Maybe we can use it as an inspiration and make a mash-up video of our own.



Here is the link to the video on the ISTE site:
http://www.istevision.org/watch.php?vid=d04f32b7af250b9a542b05b32c9b25ba4619555e
I loved the part where it questioned "Do we still get report cards?"

1 comment:

Rich Dellinger said...

Hi Carolyn-

Great video. Indeed, I do believe that the video captures what the eighth grade students are doing here at Bethany during the last two weeks. I think I will pass your link along to our parents too.

Many thanks,

Dr. D.