Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Great School Year Comes to a Close

Our last day of school was June 22, 2012. All in all, we had a great year. The eighth graders had experienced a wonderful, if very hot, stepping up ceremony the day prior. On Friday all students arrived at  7:30 am. It was a time for tying up loose ends, saying fond good-by's to teachers and fellow students, signing yearbooks, and prepping for summer days ahead. Then when the bell rang for dismissal at 10 am, teachers and other staff gathered to send the kids off with our annual "wave." You can tell from the video that good feelings were experienced by all. I hope everyone is having a great summer. I wish a great school year at BMS for our returning 7th graders - now 8th and that our 8th graders will have great success at the senior high.
Enjoy the video captured on my iPad and edited in iMovie app on the iPad.



Mrs. Stanley :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this.....fond memories of another good year.....

Anonymous said...

Hello Carolyn Thanks for the comment on my post about the Evernote webinar last night. I have come to your blog wondering where you might be from, but the yellow buses in the video clip give it away - USA. These are the images that we have of USA from the TV programs that we get in Australia. I am now following you on twitter as well.
Trent walked us through evernote and he had heaps of notes. He used the search feature to find his stuff. Others suggested tags. Have you used tags?

Mrs. Stanley said...

Hi, Anne,
G'day - is that what they say in Australia????? I had not logged into my classroom blog for a while, so I didn't even see your comment until today. Thanks so very much for commenting. I am newly retired, but I had to add a post today, March 7, 2013, to the Voice Thread collaborative the kids and I created last year after a number of them went on a wonderful trip to China. Do you use VoiceThread?
Hope to be in touch with you again soon. I think a trip to Outback Steakhouse with my hubby is order. Your comment has inspired me. :)